📹 Link to recording
Thanks to everyone who joined our tenth Governance Call!
To maintain a public record of the discussion, we’re sharing the call notes below. A recording of the call can be found above.
- If you missed it, we had a little community discussion on “meta” governance. Check out notes from the casual chat here!
- Ecosystem Growth Fund (EGF) Update:
- The committee has been busy building out their strategy and have started funding their first proposals. They have a few draft proposals waiting for funding, including $50k worth of RAD and funding 30 days of code programme by WomenBuildWeb3 with $20k as they work to onboard more women into the space. Check out their new landing page here!
- Radicle Grants Program Update:
- There are lots of exciting proposals in the pipeline! The PrimeDAO proposal inverter will be voted on soon after a long development process. The Drips CLI & SDK tool is a project that came out of the ETH Amsterdam Hackathon. Boredumb is also looking to organize some retroactive funding for quality Radicle tutorials made by folks in the community. You can check out all of the grant applications here!
- If you haven’t already, please have a read over the Next Phase of RadicleDAO forum post from a few weeks ago. Everyone is welcome to leave comments, thought questions at the bottom of the post! Also, if you are interested in working on one of the workstreams, please write a response to the post signifying your interest and keep an eye out for the corresponding temperature check!
- [Temp Check] Org Design Workstream
- Abbey walked us through the recent temp check post. This workstream is responsible for designing and launching an organizational framework that supports the decentralization of Radicle development and strategy. It also includes researching & building organization infrastructure and finding the best ways to support the operational transition of core work and strategy currently funded by the Radicle Foundation to the DAO.
- This workstream is being lead by Abbey, ange and louisgrey. Have a read and comment on the post if you would like to get involved!
- Coming soon: [Temp Check] Re-evaluation of RadicleDAO stack.
- Shelby talked through the draft for this temp check that should be posted by next week. It will focus on doing an evaluation of the current Radicle governance process and stack, an assessment of current issues and future needs, and explore new DAO tooling that could streamline Radicle’s governance process going forward.
- Funding: There was a question from the community asking how funding/budgets are distributed and decided. Listen in at XXX.
- There was a question on where DAO tooling projects should reach out to schedule a demo. Feel free to drop a message in the #community channel or shoot a message over to Abbey or I to get a Discord demo set up.