📹 Link to call recording
Thanks to everyone who joined our eighth Governance Working Group call!
To maintain a public record of the discussion, we’re sharing the call notes below. A recording of the call can be found above.
Reminders from the Governance Working Group
- We have been adding more faces to the Active Delegation Platform! Now is a good time to announce yourself as an active delegate if you have been thinking about it given the mass redelegation efforts Abbey and Shelby have been working on with early RAD holders and investors.
- With a few new on-chain votes coming up, we wanted to throw a quick reminder out there that in order to participate in on-chain governance you need to verify your address on Sybil.
- Bordumb runs through a few new proposals & their progress. A few he mentioned are LearnWeb3 who reached their first milestone and working on the second, a proposal to explore IDE plugins, and DAOstar One which aims at creating standards around identity and metadata for DAOs.
- Dog-fooding Drips by giving back to protocols that make Radicle’s work possible. Look into working with further distributed ownership of RAD.
- Meetings with core teams to see where they can tap into RGP for support on projects.
- Want to start looking into creating a Grants community element to decide how grants funds will be spent. Possibly explore having snapshot votes with NFTs and allocating part of funds to be voted on by the community.
Governance Updates (Abbey)
- Ecosystem Growth Fund: Passed formal review (see result) and is currently up for on-chain voting which will close on March 18th. We are hopeful it will get the votes needed to pass. Updates will be given in a designated Discord channel (coming soon) and most likely in the monthly community calls.
- Removing name registration fee: Also passed formal review (see results) and will be up for on-chain voting soon!
- General discussion around DAO tooling/on-boarding best practices: DAO tooling has accelerated over the past few months, and Governance WG has been exploring new tools to see if they would be a good fit for Radicle. Abbey mentioned Otterspace and maybe trying to get them to present in a call in the future.
Next steps: Transition to the DAO
- Abbey provides a sneak peek of what will be covered in detail in an upcoming forum post discussing current and next steps in the transition to RadicleDAO. Main points include: introducing a non-financial governance layer, new ways to distribute voting power, and a re-evaluation of our existing governance stack & introducing new DAO tooling. Keep an eye out for this post over the coming weeks!