❕ The governance call for this week has been cancelled to maximize our time and effort to finalize a few bigger projects relating to governance updates and the DAO transition. For transparency, below you will find some brief updates on some ongoing initiatives. We are planning a bigger and much juicier update for March, so stay tuned for call details! 👀
🏛️ Governance Proposal Updates
- No new updates on any proposals at any stage of the governance process from our last call.
- By the end of this week or early next week you can expect to see a Governance Updates proposal on the forum.
- Org Proposals for the various Orgs that will form as a part of the transition to the DAO will now be posted mid-March (instead of mid-Feb).
🤝 Governance Core Team Updates
- Community & Governance January Update
- We are focusing on hammering out final details to the Governance Updates proposal draft to share on the forum ASAP. These changes again include things like introducing formal proposal versioning (e.g. RGP-1), removing the Temperature Check phase of the governance process, introducing monthly proposal cycles, the creation of a formal, version-controlled Governance Manual that can be publicly curated and updated via a manual update process, and creating a proposal template library and directory. The purpose of these proposed updates is to make it easier for RadicleDAO members to follow governance proposals, participate in governance, and understand the DAO’s ecosystem model. We will present this proposal in detail in the next governance call.
- The launch of the version-controlled Governance and Community docs pages that was planned for the end of January has been delayed given a broader discussion of where community documentation should live in comparison to technical documentation within the Radicle project. It has been decided that we will be launching the Governance and Community docs on docs.radicle.community within the coming 2 weeks!
- Apiary will conclude their final stakeholder interviews this week and will analyzing and digest this feedback to defining the purpose, vision, & values of the Radicle ecosystem. This will then be used to guide the evaluation of how membership and both meta & treasury governance should be adjusted to better align with stakeholder. Their evaluation will be extremely valuable for governance work considerations moving into 2023.
- Shelby and Abbey will be at ETHDenver! We would love to use the opportunity to meet up with folks from the Radicle community other ecosystem partners! Hit us up on Discord to find a time to link up.
🔮 Transition to the DAO Updates
- Core Dev Org Working Group Update:
- The Core Development Org Design Working Group has posted an initial version of the Core Development Org Proposal. The team has been collecting feedback to incorporate into the final proposal that will be posted March 16th. This deadline has been pushed back from February 16th given the need for more time from core contributors to digest and discuss structure and responsibility within the CDO before confirming a final model.
💰 Grants Update