📹 Call recording coming soon!
Thanks to everyone who joined our 19th Governance Call! 🏛️
To maintain a public record of the discussion, we’re sharing the relavant links ****for each section of the call below along with brief notes where needed. A recording of the call can be found above!
🚨 This will be the last governance call in this format! To align with the new DAO Org model, we will be sharing updates in the quarterly DAO-wide calls alongside the other orgs. We will also be changing the format of monthly calls to only discuss open proposals at the time. If the Governance Improvements Proposal passes, these calls will align with the monthly voting cycles proposed there.
🏛️ Governance Proposal Updates
- Active Proposals
- Governance Improvements Proposal: This proposal outlines proposed governance updates from the Community & Governance team. They are based in learnings gathered throughout the last year of stewarding the DAO. These updates also aim to make it easier for RadicleDAO members to follow governance proposals, participate in governance, and understand the DAO’s ecosystem model.🔗 Vote on the Snapshot poll by March 13th at 5:00pm CET / 11:00 am ET
- Deploy strategic cash on Enzyme: The proposal authors have posted proposed updates to the proposal to adjust for market changes and for the recent reorganization of the RadicleDAO.
🔮 Transition to the DAO Updates
- The Evolution of Radicle's Orgs post explains how instead of moving forward with instantiating a Core Development Org that encompasses all Core Teams, we will support the Radicle and Drips decision to spin-out into their own independent Orgs as outlined in the Evolution of Radicle's Brand(s) post. By allowing the two teams to drive two separate value propositions, they will have more autonomy over their development goals and strategy, which in turn will create a more conducive environment (e.g. faster decision-making, better focus, more organizational clarity etc…) for building towards product-market fit. We have been helping team leads prepare for their Org proposals to be put through governance later this month.
The rest of contributors will stay within the Radicle Foundation, as part of the emerging Foundation Org. Within the Foundation Org, these contributors will be organized under their domain (e.g. Marketing, Community, Operations). Once these teams are mature enough to operate independently as an Org, the Foundation will support their “transition to the DAO”, similar to Radicle and Drips. The Foundation Org proposal is expected to be on the forum by March 9th.
🤝 Governance Core Team Updates
- Community & Governance February Update
- We survived ETHDenver & Schelling Point! We had a wonderful time speaking on panels and at events, as well as valuable time building relationships with ecosystem partners & friends. A special thank you to Gitcoin for hosting a wonderful community gathering in boulder at the beginning of the week!
- We will be supporting Orgs posting their proposals to governance next week
- Apiary is in the process analyzing and digest feedback collected during stakeholder interviews to defining the purpose, vision, & values of the Radicle ecosystem. We are in the process of reviewing their reports that will be shared with the broader community next week!
- In the light of the recent brand/Org shift, we are helping evolve the DAO brand and setup appropriate resources & websites
💰 Grants Update
- Grants February Update
- Apiary: Reviewing deliverables with Apiary team in coming week
- Otterspace: We completed initial tests on Optimism, which allowed us to have committee members + grantees vote on 2 governance proposals (10% of budget allocated to FOSS grants & 10% of budget allocated to Use-Case grants). OtterSpace will be moving to mainnet around April, at which point we can onboard any other sub-DAOs interested